Bojana Vidović, PhD
Position: Associate Professor
Organizational unit: Department of Bromatology
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-395
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Bojana Vidović graduated at the University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy in 2005. She finished PhD studies at the Department of Bromatology University of Belgrade-Faculty of Pharmacy in 2014. Doctoral dissertation was entitled: „Effects of alpha lipoic supplementation on oxidative stress markers and antioxidative defense in patients with schizophrenia“.
After graduation, she worked as an intern in Pharmacy „Beograd” and obtained her license in July 2007. She works at the Department of Bromatology from 2005, first as a teaching associate, teaching assistant, and an assistant professor (from 2015- to date). Her teaching activities are involved in the integrated academic studies (courses: Bromatology, Bromatology Practicum, Dietetics, Food Safety Control I, Food Safety Control II, Healthy Safety of Items for General Use), specialist academic studies in Pharmacotherapy in pharmaceutical practice (course Dietetics) and specialist studies in Sanitary Chemistry required by healthcare system.
Bojana Vidović was a mentor and member of the committee in a numerous of diploma exams. She participates in the preparation of student research projects within Centre for student scientific research work. She was a lecturer and moderator at numerous courses and seminars designed for continuing education to pharmacists, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
From 2008 to 2010 she was engaged in two projects of technological development (TR-20045; TR-20121). Since 2011, she has been involved in two national projects (III46001, III46009) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia. She currently participates in the international COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) action “Personalized Nutrition in aging society: redox control of major age-related diseases” (2017-2021).
Bojana Vidović has published over 90 scientific papers, professional papers and short communications papers. She is also the co-author of four textbooks for students of the Faculty of Pharmacy and professional publication Dietary Supplements on Serbian Market. She is a reviewer for a number of international journals.
She is an active member of Pharmaceutical Association of Serbia and Serbian Nutrition Society.
- Vidović B, Milovanović S, Stefanović A, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Takić M, Debeljak-Martačić J, Pantović M, Đorđević B. Effects of alpha-lipoic acid supplementation on plasma adiponectin levels and some metabolic risk factors in patients with schizophrenia. Journal of Medicinal Food 2017, 20 (1): 79-85.
- Vidović B, Milašinović N, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Dilber S, Kalagasidis Krušić M, Đorđević B, Knežević-Jugović Z. Encapsulation of α-lipoic acid into chitosan and alginate/gelatin hydrogel microparticles and its in vitro antioxidant activity. Chemical Industry 2016; 70 (1): 49-58.
- Vidović B, Milovanović S, Đorđević B, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Stefanović A, Ivanišević J, Miljković M, Spasić S, Stojanović D, Pantović M. Effect of alpha-lipoic acid supplementation on oxidative stress markers and antioxidative defense in patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatria Danubina 2014; 26 (3): 205-213.
- Vidović B, Stefanović A, Milovanović S, Đorđević B, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Ivanišević J, Miljković M, Spasić S. Associations of oxidative stress status parameters with traditional cardiovascular disease risk factors in patients with schizophrenia. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation 2014; 74 (3): 184-191.
- Vidović B, Đorđević B, Milovanović S, Škrivanj S, Pavlović Z, Stefanović A, Kotur-Stevuljević J. Selenium, zinc, and copper plasma levels in patients with schizophrenia: relationship with metabolic risk factors. Biological Trace Element Research 2013; 156 (1-3): 22-28.