Anđelija Malenović, PhD
Position: Full Professor
Organizational unit: Department of Drug Analysis
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Beograd, Srbija
Phone: +381 11 3951-333
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Anđelija Malenović graduated in 1995. at the Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade. She obtained master's degree in 2002. and PhD in 2007. at the Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade. In 2008. she obtaine the degree of specialist in Drug Quality Control.
Participates in the lectures and practical classes at mandatory course in Pharmaceutical Analysis, as well as elective courses in Regulatory Affairs in Quality Control, Medical Devices, Sport Pharmacy and Experimental Design. She participates in the doctoral studies - Pharmaceutical analysis module, as well as the specialist academic studies in Medical Products Releaseand the health specialization in Drug Quality Control.
Mentor of three PhD students and two presented doctoral thesis. Also, mentorand member of committee on health specialization in Drug Quality Control, as well as mentor and member of the committee for undergraduate thesis. Actively participates in the students' research activities within the Center of students' scientific research work at thef Faculty of Pharmacy.
Expert appointed by Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Montenegro and Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Serbia. Technical expert appointed by Accreditation Body of Serbia. Lecturer at the two course of continuing education held at the Faculty of Pharmacy. Member of Scientific board of The XXXIX Symposium chromatographic methods of investigating the organic compounds, Szczyrk, Poland, 2016 and Sixth Congress of Pharmacy of Serbia with International Participation, Belgrade, Serbia, 2014. Special guest co-editor of special issue of Journal of AOAC International with title "New Methods for Drug Analysis in Biological Samples and Other Matrixes". Dr Malenović had four invited oral presentations at international conferences.
Nowadays, her research interests head in several directions of pharmaceutical analysis. Her main research interests are in: (i) fundamental examination of the reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatographic systems employing eluents with chaotropic agents or microemulsions and micellar mobile phases (ii) experimental design applied to the development of chromatographic methods for the impurity profiling of pharmaceutical substances. Moreover she is interested in bioanalysis which employs LC-MS/MS and the dried matrix spots as a sample collection technique. Due to the well-known hematocrit issue and to the subsequent demand for the concentration corrections when the dried blood spots are in question, she is involved in elaboration of a reliable approach aimed to overcome the hematocrit effect. The research output of Dr Anđelija Malenović consists in over 70 original research papers published in the journals covered by the Science Citation Index.
- Vemić, A., Jančić-Stojanović, B., Stamenković, I., Malenović, A.: Chaotropic agents in liquid chromatographic method development for the simultaneous analysis of levodopa, carbidopa, entacapone and their impurities. J. Pharmaceut. Biomed., 2013 (77): 9-15. M21
- Kostić, N., Dotsikas, Y., Malenović, A., Medenica, M.: Effects of derivatization reagents consisting of n-alkyl chloroformate/n-alcohol combinations in LC-ESI-MS/MS analysis of zwitterionic antiepileptic drugs. Talanta, 2013, 116: 91−99. M21
- Kostić, N., Dotsikas, Y., Malenović, A., Jančić-Stojanović, B., Rakić, T., Ivanović, D., Medenica, M.: Stepwise optimization approach for improving LC-MS/MS analysis of zwitterionic antiepileptic drugs with implementation of experimental design. J. Mass Spectrom. 2013, 48 (7): 875−884. M21
- Vemić, A., Malenović, A., Kostić, N., Rakić, T., Jančić-Stojanović, B.: Physicochemical Factors Governing the Partition of Pramipexole and Its Five Impurities in Microemulsion Liquid Chromatographic Systems. J. Brazil. Chem. Soc., 2012; 23(11) 2084-2092. M23
- Malenović, A., Dotsikas, Y., Mašković, M., Jančić-Stojanović, B., Ivanović, D. Medenica, M.: Desirability-based optimization and its sensitivity analysis for the perindopril and its impurities analysis in a microemulsion LC system. Microchemic. J., 2011 (99) 454 ¬ 460. M21
- Mašković, M., Yannis, D, Malenović, A., Jančić–Stojanović, B., Ivanović, D., Medenica, M.: Oil-in-water microemulsion liquid chromatography in analysis of perindopril tert-butylamine and its impurities. J. AOAC, 2011 (94) 723–734. M23
- Malenović, A., Jančić-Stojanović, B., Vemić, A., Ivanović, D., Medenica, M.: Validation of liquid chromatographic method for the analysis of parmipexole and its five impurities. J. AOAC 2010, 93 (4): 1102–1112. M23
- Jančić-Stojanović, B., Malenović, A., Ivanović, D., Rakić, T., Medenica, M.: Chemometrical evaluation of ropinirole and its impurity's chromatographic behavior. J. Chromatogr. A 2009, 1216: 1263–1296. M21
- Malenović, A., Medenica, M., Ivanović, D., Jančić, B.: Influence of structural and interfacial properties of microemulsion eluent on chromatographic separation of simvastatin and its impurities. J. Chromatogr. A 2006; 1131 (1–2): 67–73. M21
- Malenović, A., Ivanović, D., Medenica, M., Jančić, B., Marković S.: Retention modelling in liquid chromatographic separation of simvastatin and its six impurities applying microemulsion as eluent. J. Sep. Sci. 2004; 27 (13): 1087–1092. M21